Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheels  (Read 10829 times)

Beth

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wheels
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 07:45:28 PM »

Hi.  Sorry to be clogging up the board with all my posts!  I'm sure I'll settle down soon!  But Louie still hasn't paid any attention to his wheel (it's been three days).  Except now he sleeps under it.  Any advice?  Maybe I'll put a raisin piece on it...

ChillinChinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

The whole point of the forums is to chat! Most of my chins took a few days to take to the wheel. He is probably testing it out and you just don't know it. They are too curious just to ignore it. I haven't had a chin yet that didn't go nuts on it once they gave it a chance.
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com

rodafer

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 08:43:45 PM »

Beth: I wanted to tell you that my chin was a little sneaky thing. I thought she wasnt using her wheel at the beginning either, but then I would be sleeping and hear something. I would run into her room and she would be sitting on a ledge. Then, I would go back to bed and then sure enough, I would hear something again. Sooner or later I fugured out she was using her wheel but would NEVER do it in front of me. Ha ha ha ha. Now she is on it all the time!
It's like when you catch your child or husband doing something cute, but rather embarassing...they will stop dead in their tracks and not do it anymore!

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2008, 04:07:02 PM »

I have found some don't bother while others could spend hours using a wheel.
Debbie.nl.ca

Leslie

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008, 04:07:21 PM »

Beth, what kind of wheel is it?  We got our second chin a big pink Silver Surfer wheel and he didn't catch on for at least 2 weeks.  We were pretty sure we'd wasted our money.  My boyfriend kept putting him on the wheel and then blocking it off with his hand, then holding a raisin out in front of his nose so he was forced to take a few steps on the wheel.  Whether or not this is the reason that TBone finally caught on is a matter of debate, but one day we came home and there he was, in the dark, running as fast as his little legs could carry him.  He's been running like a little fool every since.

And again I'll mention that the flying saucer wheel is much better than this above mentioned wheel, this one is very noisy and TBone's been able to chew through the metal on the edges.

Beth

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 04:13:43 PM »

I have no idea what kind of wheel it is.  It's white and blue plastic and about 15" accross. It can work on a stand or attached to the wire sides of the cage (that's where I have it). I got it at Petco.  I'm sure she's not using it when I'm here because I would definitely hear it.  I plan on getting a flying saucer soon, but I need to save up for it.  I hope she catches on!

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up