Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About toilet paper rolls  (Read 2792 times)

lesliesuniquecharm

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Unique Charm
About toilet paper rolls
« on: November 17, 2007, 10:14:35 PM »

I was going to give roo something to play with but wanted to check 1st. is it ok for the roll to have glue on it? I*d think not, but i*m being on the safe side. Also..for chins..can they wear collars? i made a cute little bitty collar and was going to give it to someone with a dog..i just thought i*d check 1st..

lesliesuniquecharm

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Unique Charm
Re: About toilet paper rolls
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 01:04:07 AM »

I dont wanna dis-oby the rules so i decided to post these questions on this one as well.  :::grins::  Me & my boyfriend were reading some of the past post and we were wondering. If Roo does over do it [[ hes very very active ]] & he does happen to lay on his side & twitch, what should we do? i*m asking because i*m trying to soak up as much info as i can, he*s just like a baby. We were wondering incase the vet wasnt an opition when it happened...

Also, the yogurt bites... could they be used as treats sparingly? i*ve heard some say yes & some say no. i have yet to give any to Roo. Everything that goes through him goes through you guys first  rofl   Thanks a bunch!!!

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
Re: About toilet paper rolls
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 06:20:21 PM »

No they don't like collars.
Yes the toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls are fine.
Yogurt drops won't hurt but dipping you finger in real yogurt and offering is more fun.
Over heating can cause seizures, and a sign is twitching. It's very hard to tell with out seeing it first hand.
Some chins love to lay on their sides.
I would have a vet check him out, and keep his runs short. 2 short may be better than one long run.
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up